Transforming New Movers into New Dental Patients with Direct Mail
New patients are everywhere, you just have to know how to find them. Arguably one of the most lucrative audiences to target is new movers. The U.S. Census Bureau states that 14% of the population move every year — and seventy percent of them plan to visit a dentist within the first six months of their move. These new patients can bring in an average of $1,000 in the first year and even as much as $5,000. If you could gain several new mover patients per month with direct mail, you could be looking at bringing in lots of potential profits for your practice.
New residents in your community are actively seeking out new businesses and finding a new dental practice is typically high on the list. One of the most successful ways to build long-term relationships is through direct mail marketing. Here are some facts to consider about dental direct mail that you might find interesting:
Direct mail results in higher response rates:
- Direct mail household response rate is 1.4% (compared to .03% email, .22% paid search, .04% internet display).
- Adding a person’s name and full color in the direct mail can increase response by 135%.
It’s trustworthy and more personalized:
- 70% of Americans say mail is more personal than the internet.
- 56% of consumers think print marketing is more trustworthy than any other marketing channel.
The key to transforming new movers into regular patients is by creating a personalized offer that will get them in the door and keep them coming back. For dentists, it is common to offer new families a complimentary oral exam or include free x-rays in their package. Just be sure whatever you are offering is sincere and welcoming — this will ensure positive response rates.
Take a look at some of our helpful tips for marketing to new movers:
- Personalize your direct mail. Make them feel personally welcomed into the community.
- Build trust with your content. You don’t want to appear pushy, this will result in more of your mailers perceived as junk.
- Use an accurate mailing list. We use proven methods from various sources to build a precise mailing list of the new movers in your community.
- Timing is everything and timing is sensitive. You want to get your message out when they are still new to the area. Don’t give your competition the chance to get to them first.
- Integrate with other marketing methods to get the most coverage. It is good to have a healthy mix of both direct and digital marketing.
- Send out a follow-up offer or thank you, thanking them for their business. Doing so will make them feel special and recognized for giving their business to you, and lead to more quality word-of-mouth advertising.
The goal of what we do is to bring you the most success and financial growth possible by connecting you with new patients. When you work with us, you’ll have access to our expert help from someone who specializes in dental marketing.
If you’re ready to take the next step with us to start turning new movers into returning patients contact us today! We are eager to speak with you about your goals.