Most of us thought it would never come, but the holidays are finally upon us! Channeling the spirit of the holiday season in your marketing is a great way to build meaningful relationships and connections with your customers.
We’ve put together some seasonal marketing tips for the 2020 holiday season to help you get started.
Holiday marketing trends for 2020
The pandemic has impacted many households’ income, which makes it difficult to predict this year’s consumer holiday spending. According to a recent survey, more than half of consumers plan to spend the same or more this year. Although we won’t have precise data for consumer shopping behavior this year, we can still expect a higher response to online sales and socially distanced shopping. Keep this in mind as you brainstorm holiday marketing ideas.
Take advantage of the increase in online spending through the holidays by promoting your business on the right online channels. You have the chance to push your end-of-year campaigns to finish out strong, boosting your ROI and driving your business’ holiday revenue.
Steps for preparation and peak performance
As we are kicking off the holiday season, companies are preparing for their new marketing campaigns. This year, shoppers will be facing challenges from social distancing which will cause more consumers than usual to turn to digital shopping.
Keeping your customers up to date on your holiday deals and procedures will be key in boosting your campaign performance. Follow these steps to get started with your campaign planning:
- Get organized – Clear your head and clean your desk. Getting organized can help to create a more productive workspace and prevent things from falling through the cracks.
- Choose your promotions – To take full advantage of the benefits of seasonal promotions, consider what has worked well for your business so far this year. Some of the same holiday promotions you used last year may not be as successful this year; your customers will be more cost-conscious and will be scouting for the best deals.
- Create a holiday marketing calendar – Set up a detailed calendar of events that outlines your holiday promotions and when you plan to have them launch for the public.
- Decide how you will advertise – This can be through email marketing, digital ads, postcard mailers, or a combination of several channels to give you the best results.
- Choose your success metrics – Knowing which metrics to measure will save you time later on and allow you to analyze, adapt, and easily update your marketing campaign. Our Data Warehouse is a great way to be able to organize key data and automate your ROI summaries to see how your campaigns are really performing.
Our top marketing solutions for the holidays
Here are a few ways that we recommend promoting your business this holiday season:
- Plastic gift cards – These can be personalized and tailored specifically for your audience or by using segmented audiences to get the right message to your prospects. Gift card mailers can be a great way to wow your customers and make your brand shine with personalized holiday marketing messages. These receive better response rates and offer a higher-quality design that consumers love.
- Holiday mailers – Sending out a holiday mailer could be perfect for connecting with your customers during the holiday season. Almost 80% of recipients sort through their mail as soon as they get it in their hands — meaning there’s a very good chance your holiday-themed mailer will get noticed. Stand out with the message you use, the colors of your branding, or even the contents, whether that’s a free sample or coupon to use on their next visit.
- Digital booster campaigns – With our help, we can boost your impressions and ROI from your holiday marketing campaigns by creating a seamless experience that reaches your customers from digital to print. We do this with a direct mail postcard, display ads, and a personalized landing page that all work together to increase brand awareness, giving you the best results and conversion rates. Did you know that 86% of consumers need to see an ad 2 times or more before buying? Let us help you find the perfect solution for ad frequency.
The holidays are a time of happiness and cheer, but they — too often — also invite stress. You have more important things to worry about than being stressed over making the right marketing choices this holiday season, so our industry experts are ready to help!
We can even start you off with our free marketing assessment. Contact us today to learn more!