Social media marketing has evolved to become a tool for businesses to connect with new prospects and improve brand awareness and visibility. Social media is a great place for your dental practice to connect with your patients and even find new ones.
By building relationships with your patients on platforms they are familiar with, they are more likely to trust and engage with your brand.
What are social media ads?
Social media ads offer a quick, effective way to reach a target audience with highly personalized content. Social ads can be a very profitable channel for advertising by providing a way to put your brand and content in front of users who match your target audience but may not know your brand or aren’t familiar with your practice.
We recommend building your social presence on Facebook through targeted Facebook ads. Facebook is currently the largest, most commonly used social network for dental social media marketing and it offers a reliable advertising platform. In 2019, Facebook saw an average of 2.5 million active monthly users – that’s a huge pool of potential prospects you could be targeting with a good social media strategy.
Facebook gives you access to a very diverse group of users, with the ability to be highly targeted and personalized with your advertising messages. Dentists, specifically, can benefit from social media marketing on Facebook by:
- Establishing Better Patient Relationships – Improve the relationships you have with your patients by offering sharable and relatable content on your social media platforms. You will improve patient and customer retention by offering positive messages through testimonials, client experiences, and sharing the results of what you do. Be a resource for your patients and prospects for dental care tips to show you are here to help.
- Discovering New Clients – People innately trust their friends and other customers that leave authentic business reviews. Use this to your advantage and let your reviews and testimonials speak for themselves. When your patients choose you as their dentist, they are investing in a relationship with you, so give them every reason to trust your practice to make them feel and look their best.
- Showcasing Industry Expertise and Leadership – Write articles and post videos that showcase your industry knowledge and expertise in the field. By offering sharable content that demonstrates these things, you can build trust and become a leader in the dental industry. Showcasing your professional knowledge will not only help to attract new patients, but also may offer to build a reputation and gain the attention of peers in other dental offices.
So, how do I get started with social ads on Facebook?
Leveraging Facebook ads is a great place to start with any social media strategy, but where do you actually begin? Here are a few things to think about when you start developing your ad campaigns.
- Advertising Objective – To see the best results, you need to define what exactly you are trying to accomplish with your social ads. Consider what your business goals are and how you want users to respond when they see your ads. It could be to create or increase awareness, consideration of your brand, or lead to conversions. Facebook offers the following objective goals under those categories:
- Brand Awareness
- Video Views
- Lead Generation
- Store Traffic
- Target Audience – You have access to a wide array of highly targeted tools with Facebook ads. When narrowing down your audience, you are able to use any combination of geographic, demographic, behavioral, and interest targeting to focus on those most interested in your services. Facebook also allows you to target lookalike audiences to help you find new patients whose interests are alike that of your current ones.
- Ad Format – Facebook’s business platform has become more and more sophisticated over time and therefore has needed equally evolving ad formats. Facebook now has several for you to choose from to best fit your objective, message, and ad creative.
The dental industry no longer solely relies on reputation and word of mouth marketing. Social media marketing has become more complex and paramount for finding new patients and staying connected with your current ones.
Facebook’s social media marketing platform offers an easy way to reach your ideal audience and engage with your clients. By using social platforms to build better relationships with your patients, you can grow your dental practice’s social media presence while creating a more trustworthy, recognizable brand.