According to reports conducted by Hedges and Company, the number of registered vehicles in the United States is projected to reach 287 million in 2020.
That’s a pretty large pool of potential clients, and you may be asking, “Where do I start?” With the increase in vehicle use and the need for auto repair services rising, it’s important to find ways for your brand to stand out and create lasting, meaningful relationships with these potential customers.
We have a solution for a good place to start: direct mail for new movers.
Why target new movers with automotive direct mail marketing?
Based on insights from the U.S. Census Bureau, new movers spend more within their first few months of a move than the average established family does over a span of three years: approximately $9,000 per household. They’re also 90% more likely to purchase a car within the first year of their move vs. non-movers.
Now, combine those statistics with these:
- Auto-focused products and service promotions such as a free oil change, tire rotation, or car wash are among the top 10 best performing direct mail offers.
- New movers are five times more likely to build loyalty with your business if you reach them before your competition does.
What does it all add up to? A huge opportunity for profits that you don’t want to miss out on.
By sending out a welcome message to the newcomers in your area and introducing your company, you’ll build brand awareness and create new customer relationships.
Unpacking the steps to direct mail success
It can be hard to stand out as the number one choice for auto repair needs, but being one of the first to welcome new movers to the area could be the key to getting the word out about your business.
Direct mail postcards for new movers are an ideal way to help build a long-term relationship with new residents in your community and keep them coming back.
These steps will help drive more customers into your auto shop with direct mail marketing:
- Offer something of value in a personal way. You want your audience to get a sense of who you are as a business, and how you serve the community while making them feel personally invited to use your services.
- Keep an accurate, updated list of new movers in your area. We can help you build your mailing list by using a combination of proprietary change of address data, recorded deed information from new home sales, and various other credible sources.
- Follow up! Creating a follow-up offer, thanking your new customers for their support will make them feel welcomed and more inclined to return for a future visit (and tell their friends!)
Partnering with a direct mail marketing company
At UpSwell, we specialize in direct mail marketing services for auto repair shops. We can help you create custom, direct mail postcards that highlight your brand and provide a personalized offer to these prospects.
When you take advantage of our custom direct mail options, you will have world-class personalization capabilities right at your fingertips, allowing you to send your own, unique value offer while also reflecting the personality of your brand. Plus, your direct mail campaign will be fully automated and able to run year-round.
Contact us to get a free marketing assessment today, and find out how our hyper-local marketing can help you grow by turning new movers into loyal customers.